Regular eye examinations are essential to enable us to have the best vision possible. Early detection and diagnosis of ocular conditions will give the best possible prognosis, so it is essential that you contact your optometrist if you or your family are experiencing any problems with your eyes. Retinal photography is an important part of the modern eye examination. It allows the practitioner to identify retinal pathology early and is an excellent tool for monitoring ocular diseases like dry Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Retinopathy. At Harrison Eye Care we are passionate about looking after the health of your eyes. We use an automated Topcon camera which takes a picture of your retina. These images are then stored in a secure database and we can then compare images when you return for future visits.
Retinal photography now included at NO EXTRA CHARGE with every eye examination
Harrison Eye Care provides a wide range of services including;
- Children’s and teenage eye examinations. These are free on the NHS for under 16’s and are recommended annually. 16-18 yr old’s in full time education also benefit from free NHS eye exams every 2 years.
- Adult eye examinations, both Private and NHS. You can claim a free NHS eye exam if you are over 60 yrs old, if you are diabetic or have glaucoma or if you are a direct relative of someone with glaucoma and you are over 40 yrs old, if you are registered partially sighted or blind, if you have a complex prescription or if you are claiming certain benefits.
- Glaucoma screening including Intra Ocular Pressure testing and Visual Field Screening.
- Contact Lens fitting and aftercare. We supply soft, hard and RGP contact lenses either on a monthly payment scheme or pay as you go. We can also supply an aftercare service if you choose to buy your contact lenses elsewhere, however we recommend a complete service so your eyes are looked after properly.
- Wide range of children’s and teenage spectacle frames. We accept prescriptions from other opticians and hospital prescriptions if your child is being tested within the Hospital Eye Service. Popular cartoon and designer brands available.
- Wide range of adult spectacle frames. We are happy to accept prescriptions from other opticians. We supply a range to cover all budgets from free NHS spectacles to designer brands. We offer a selection of high quality lenses.
- Children’s and teenage prescription and non prescription sunglasses, all with 100% UV protection.
- Adult prescription and non prescription sunglasses with 100% UV protection. Designer brands available.
- Prescription safety glasses.
- Prescription swimming goggles.
- Re-glazing your own frames if they are in good condition.
- Adjustment aftercare service and repairs.
Come and take a look at our new frame selection or give us a call to book you and your family in for your eye examinations today!